Proper Equipment Care Limited Warranty Information
Rawlings and it's affiliates (Easton, Miken, & Worth Sports) prides itself on the quality and performance of its products, which meet, and often exceed, industry quality and durability criteria or guidelines. However, all materials are subject to fatigue and possible breakdown over time.
NOTE: Warranty only covers products purchased from authorized Rawlings, Easton, Miken, and Worth Sports dealers, with a copy of original sales receipt.
The warranty does not cover any products purchased from a non-authorized seller, including but not limited to sellers operating on a third-party auction site unless they are authorized Rawlings dealers. To ensure warranty coverage, be mindful when selecting your retailer and make sure they are an authorized Rawlings dealer. If you need clarification on whether a particular retailer is an authorized Rawlings dealer, please contact customer service at 1-800-729-5464 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proper Care & Use Instructions
This is a high-performance product, designed to deliver maximum performance within the limits of the association rules. To deliver peak performance, these bats are not indestructible. In fact, its useful life is partly determined by the number of hard hits it takes over its lifetime. For this reason, these bats are designed with the intent of the individual use. It is not designed or intended to be used as a team bat by multiple players or as a "loaner" bat at a commercial facility.
Non-Wood Bat Care Instruction
To extend the useful life of your bat, Rawlings suggests the following:
- Use with leather covered balls only
- Ideally, baseballs/softballs used in games are the best option to use for practice.
- Limit the bat to your individual use only
- Rotate the bat 1/4 turn each at-bat
To clean your bat, use only mild soap and water. DO NOT use solvents or any ammonia-based products for cleaning.
WARNING: Hitting metal cleats, rocks, or anything other than a ball can damage your bat, cause injury to you or others, and will void warranty.
WARNING: While composite bats are more durable than wood bats, composite bats also can break, so use with care. Further, deep scratches, nicks or dents can cause these bats to break at any time. Metal and/or composite bats should be replaced approximately every two years assuming normal usage. Breakage can cause injury to the batter, and to other players and to spectators. Inspect your bat regularly for cracks, nicks, dents, surface damage or excessive wear and replace the bat as needed. DO NOT USE BAT IF EXCESSIVELY WORN OR DAMAGED.
WARNING: Avoid using your bat in cold weather. Temperatures below 60 degrees Fahrenheit (15 degrees Celsius) significantly increase the hardness of the ball.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
- Normal wear and tear
- Bats that have been used to hit cage balls
- Bats that have been used in temperatures under 60°F (15°C)
- Bats purchased from non-authorized Rawlings dealers or individuals
- Bats purchased at auction, or on auction websites (unless sellers are authorized Rawlings dealers
- Grip replacements
- Bats that have been used with weighted training balls
- Bats that have been transferred from the original purchaser
- Bats used as team bats by multiple players
- Bats used as commercial bats (for example, "loaner" bats at commercial batting cages
- Bats that have been abused, altered, or mistreated
Rawlings does not approve of or authorize the purchaser to physically alter the bat in any manner whatsoever. Alteration includes, but is not limited to bat "doctoring", rolling in a vice, hitting objects other than approved balls, inner wall shaving, end-loading, and any other action that is designed to change the character or performance attributes of the bat. Any suspected alteration of the bat will nullify the Rawlings Limited Warranty.
WHAT BATS ARE COVERED
For the periods specified below from the date of original purchase, Rawlings will warrant the following bats against defects in materials or workmanship:
Composite and Aluminum bats: 1 Year
Hybrid and "Comp"-model Wood Bats: 90 Days
Wood Bat Warranty: No Warranty, unless stated otherwise
WHAT BATS ARE EXCLUDED
All Senior Softball and all wood bats, unless otherwise stated, do not have a warranty
This warranty is limited to one bat per original purchase and can be redeemed only by the original purchaser.
Under this limited warranty, Rawlings will provide a one-time repair or replacement of your non-wood bat within 1 year from the date of purchase ("Warranty Period") for the following 4 conditions resulting from normal field use - (1) severe denting, (2) structural cracking, (3) handle bending, or (4) broken end caps or knobs. This warranty applies only to defects in materials and workmanship and does not apply to any representations of bat weight or size.
HOW TO SUBMIT A WARRANTY CLAIM FOR BATS PURCHASED IN THE U.S.
Do NOT return the bat to your sporting goods dealer!
- Aluminum/Composite Bats: Please refer to the Warranty Claim Form.
- For further information please contact via phone or email@example.com
- · Rawlings Bat Warranty Dept: 1-877-225-1041
- · Easton Bat Warranty Dept: 1-888-259-1297
- · Worth Bat Warranty Dept: 1-800-423-3714
- · Miken Bat Warranty Dept: 1-877-807-5291
- Wood Bats: There is not a warranty on wood bats unless otherwise noted.
Fill out a bat warranty submission form to receive a return authorization number and instructions on how to return your bat. Please fill out the form here: Warranty Claim Form
1. To initiate your warranty return submission claim you will be required to upload specific images of your bat and your proof of purchase.
2 . The defective bat must be accompanied by a COPY of the ORIGINAL RECEIPT (proof of purchase) and, if applicable, the 1) WHITE SERIALIZED BARCODE STICKER (found on Miken and Worth slow pitch bats under the shrink-wrap. this serial number matches what is engraved on the taper/handle of the bat). Bats returned for warranty without proof of purchase (white serialized barcode, if applicable) will not be eligible for warranty coverage.
3. THE BAT MUST HAVE BEEN PURCHASED FROM AN AUTHORIZED RAWLINGS DEALERS (Warranty does not apply to bats purchased from non-authorized third parties, including but not limited to sellers operating on third-party auction sites unless those sellers are authorized Rawlings dealers. To obtain warranty coverage, please select your retailers carefully and make sure your retailer is an authorized Rawlings dealer. IF YOU ARE UNSURE IF A PARTICULAR RETAILER IS AN AUTHORIZED RAWLINGS DEALER, PLEASE CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE AT 1-800-729-5464 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Warranty coverage will be determined exclusively by Rawlings. Rawlings cannot guarantee warranty coverage of your product until it is inspected and determined to be warranty eligible.
5.Consumer is responsible for return freight cost to ship bat back for inspection.
6. If Rawlings determines that your bat is covered by the warranty, then Rawlings will at its sole option and in its sole discretion do one of the following:
- Repair your bat
- Replace your bat
- With the same model bat
- With a comparable bat should your bat be discontinued or otherwise unavailable
- All replacements will be bats within the same sport (i.e., returned baseball bats that are accepted for warranty return will be replaced with a baseball bat, fast pitch for fast pitch, etc.) and; for the same certification type/standard as the returned bat (i.e., returned bats approved for use in the USSSA that are accepted for warranty return will be replaced with a USSSA-approved bat, ASA-approved bats for ASA-approved bats, USA Baseball-approved bats for USA Baseball-approved bats, etc.).
- Upon receiving your Rawlings replacement bat, if you have not already been asked to return your defective bat, you have 10 days to return it to Rawlings Bat Warranty Center (unless specified that no return of defective bat is warranted). NOTE: A replacement bat does not start a new one-year Warranty Period.
If Rawlings deems that the bat is ineligible for warranty coverage, the bat will be retuned to you with notice of explanation. NOTE: Rawlings reserves the right to refuse warranty service to any person who, in Rawlings sole discretions, abuses its products or warranty policy.
CONSEQUENTIAL AND INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARE NOT RECOVERABLE UNDER THIS WARRANTY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
THIS WARRANTY IS THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY FOR THIS PRODUCT AND EXCLUDES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
Dispute Resolution and Arbitration; Class Action Waiver. In the interest of resolving disputes between you and Rawlings in the most expedient and cost-effective manner, you and Rawlings agree that any and all disputes arising in connection with this product will be resolved by binding arbitration. Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, may allow for more limited discovery than in court, and can be subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. Our agreement to arbitrate disputes includes, but is not limited to, all claims arising out of or relating to any aspect this product, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory, and regardless of when the claims arise. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, BY ENTERING INTO THESE TERMS, YOU AND RAWLINGS ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.
We list a “weight drop” or “drop” for certain bats. This normally takes the form of a negative number; for example, we may offer certain bat models in “drops” of -5 and -10, among other “drops.” Typically, a lower drop will feel heavier than a higher drop of the same model and length, so a -5 bat will feel heavier than a -10 bat of the same length. Drop is intended to give you a relative idea of how heavy or light a bat feels. But drop is not intended to and should not be relied upon to calculate the actual weight of a bat. Many factors may affect the actual weight of a bat. Further, as a result of differing certifying entities, requirements, standards, or procedures, bats with varying finished weights may be certified as a certain “drop”. And Rawlings’ internal manufacturing tolerances, and finishing materials Rawlings adds to the bat such as grip tape, paint, glue, stickers, and decals, may affect the weight of Rawlings bats as they are sold to the consumer. These and other factors may mean that, by way of example only, a 30” bat certified as a -10 drop may be more or less than 20 oz. if placed on a scale after purchase, and it may feel heavier or lighter when swung and may perform or sound differently than another 30” -10 bat. Ultimately, the best way to know whether you feel comfortable swinging a bat is to try it out first.
HOW TO SUBMIT A WARRANTY CLAIM FOR BATS PURCHASED OUTSIDE THE U.S:
Do NOT return the bat directly to Rawlings! Return the defective bat along with the proof of purchase to the sporting goods dealer from which it was purchased. If the dealer determines that the bat is eligible for warranty coverage, he or she should provide you with a replacement bat or order one from Rawlings if the desired model or size is temporarily out of stock. If the dealer deems the bat is not eligible for warranty coverage, it will be returned to you.
OR send an email to email@example.com to receive a Return Authorization Number (RA#), or call the Rawlings Bat Warranty Team at 1-800-RAWLINGS.
To initiate your warranty claim you must send specific images of your bat and proof of purchase to a Rawlings Bat Warranty Team Member. Warranty coverage will be determined exclusively by Rawlings. If Rawlings determines that your bat is covered by the warranty, then Rawlings will at its sole option and in its sole discretion (1) repair your bat, or (2) replace your bat with the same model bat, or (3) replace your bat with a comparable bat should your bat be discontinued or otherwise unavailable, or (4) provide you with a voucher to be used toward the purchase of other Rawlings products on www.rawlings.com. Upon receiving your Rawlings replacement bat, you have 10 days to return your defective bat to the Rawlings Bat Warranty Center (unless specified that no return of defective bat is warranted).
Note – This warranty is the sole and exclusive legal warranty for your product and excludes all other warranties, express or implied.
Consequential and incidental damages are not recoverable under this warranty. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental damages, so it is possible the above limitation does not apply to you.
FOR NON-BAT WARRANTY CLAIMS: please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Non-Bat Warranty returns line at 800-729-5464 option 2.
Baseball & Softball Gloves Warranty
There is a 1-year warranty on all baseball and softball gloves. Our warranty does not cover gloves that have been microwaved, placed in an oven, or over oiled. Laces are not covered under the 1-year warranty.
Protective Equipment Warranty
Protective equipment, such as shoulder pads, masks, leg guards and chest protectors, have a 1-year warranty on the metal and plastic parts and on the padding and straps.
The actual shell of the helmet has a 3-year warranty, while the padding and straps have a 1-year warranty.
Clothing (Apparel) Warranty
There is a 6-month warranty on clothing from the delivery date. All soiled garments must be laundered before being returned for remake or repair or they will be returned to the sender.
Footballs, Basketballs, Volleyballs, Soccer Balls, Batting Gloves Warranty
There is a 1-year warranty on all of these products.
Baseballs & Softballs Warranty
For a return on baseballs or softballs, a sample must be sent for our inspection.